Our Health Care Provider CPR is designed to teach professional rescuers or healthcare providers the skills needed to respond appropriately to breathing and cardiac emergencies It also includes the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) to care for a victim of cardiac arrest. It includes adult, child and infant components as well as two-person CPR. Also covered are the legal considerations that affect a professional rescuer.
- Health Care Workers
- Professional Rescuers
- Student Workbook
- Successful Completion Card
Hands-on Skill Practice
- Students will practice essential skills in small group practices and can also apply those skills in scenario-based practices.
Recognized Completion Period
- Up to 2 years
- Students are evaluated through Instructor observation of the reasonable performance of skills.
- A written examination is required with a passing score of 80%.
Recommended Time to Complete
- Initial Course: 4 – 5 hours
- Refresher Course: Time depends on the experience and training history of the students. It is typically shorter than initial training. Students most have old card to receive credit. Bring your old CPR card and receive a $10.00 discount off enrollment fees. Your “old” CPR cards must be within 26 months of the issue date to receive the discount.
- Emergency Cardiac Care and the Health Care Provider
- Understanding the Human Body
- Patient Assessment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Adults and Children
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Infants
- Resuscitation Adjuncts
- Special Resuscitation Situations
- Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) (If you are going to be a first aid provider at work you should add this option)
How is the course conducted?
- Instructor Led (we conduct this class MOST Thursdays, check our calendar for dates.)
- Online (Here is how the On-Line Program Works)
If you don’t have the time to sit in an Instructor led class
you may want to try an On-Line class
- Individual: $40.00 and up
- Company rate: Call for a quote.
Have a question about our First Aid/CPR training?
Visit our First Aid/CPR – Frequently Asked Questions page
We will beat ANY competitors written quote
for First Aid/CPR Training by 10%!